Force India have downplayed their lack of running in Bahrain, adamant that the 90 minutes they missed on Friday will not have a major impact.
After an incident earlier in the week when several team members were caught in the midst of a protest, Force India opted to leave the Sakhir circuit early on Friday, wanting to get back to their hotel before dark.
The team, therefore opted to sit out second practice with deputy team boss Bob Fenley stating that the decision was made to give "emotional support" to the team.
He added: "There's a balance between making sure we're meeting the needs of the team for a fully supported Bahrain Grand Prix. We're running a full programme for qualifying and the race."
Force India, though, reckon they won't have lost too much ground by not taking part in FP2 having completed their day's programme during the morning's session.
"A very busy morning programme with a lot to get through considering we haven't raced in Bahrain for a couple of years," said chief engineer Jakob Andreasen.
"After the initial balance checks we looked at our brake and engine cooling solutions and dialled the cars into the circuit with some mechanical and aero set-up work.
"We have pretty much used up our tyre allocation this morning, which has given us all the data we need heading into tomorrow when we can hopefully deliver a strong qualifying performance."
As for the drivers, Nico Hulkenberg says his car felt "good out of the box" while Paul di Resta reckons the "baseline set-up was not a long way off, but our focus for tomorrow is to improve our performance in the low-speed corners."