Kim Raikkonen has confirmed that he has "some options" for the 2014 Formula One season.
The Finn's contract with Lotus runs out at the end of the year and the team admit they want him to extend his stay at Enstone. Raikkonen has been linked with Red Bull in recent months, but team owner Gerard Lopez says he is "not concerned" by the reports.
"We know we want Kimi to drive for us next year, but then we also know Kimi's character well, which means you can't force him to do anything," he told Press Association Sport.
"I know he's happy, and at this stage if he had to choose (which team to drive for next season) I know where he would be."
Raikkonen told Italian magazine Autosprint that he has "two options" for next year, but added "until now there has not been a lot of contact, we just talked 'a bit of this and that'. I'll make my decision when the time is right."
Asked about that quote during Wednesday's FIA press conference in Monaco, he replied: "I'm sure there are some options, there's no secret.
"There is also the option that I don't drive anything because right now I have no [contractual] options, I don't have a contract, nothing. When I have and when I know what will happen I will tell [you] and it's as simple as that.
"But I'm sure it won't be the next race or the race after so for sure it will take time whatever the decision will be."
While it would be ideal for Lotus to get him to sign a contract as soon as possible, the Finn is no rush to tie himself down.
"I'm not in a hurry. Obviously if I was desperate for a contract I would probably have already tried to sign next year as well last year. But like I said I try to do my work well and if I do it well I'm sure I will get the contract if I want," he added.
"I'm sure if we want to make a contract in the end together it will be very easy. Certainly you have to get it right and that's it. I don't really think we have to sit down every day and discuss it because nothing's changed, the decision has to come from me and I've not made any decisions."