Chilton relaxed over 2014 seat

Wednesday 9th October 2013

 RSS

Share:

Chilton relaxed over 2014 seat

Chilton relaxed over 2014 seat

Max Chilton insists he is not worried about securing a 2014 race seat with Marussia, saying the team want to keep him.

The Banbury-squad have already confirmed they will retain Frenchman Jules Bianchi next year, but they are yet to make an announcement regarding the future of Chilton.

However, the 22-year-old rookie says most things are already in place for a new contract and it's just a matter of time before everything is sorted out.

"We're in talks and we've got investors and sponsorship things to get in place before we sign a deal," the Briton told Autosport.

"It takes a bit longer. I don't think we are behind schedule or that there is anything to worry about.

"They are keen to keep both of us, which is good for me as it's nice to be wanted back by a team.

"Jules's deal has come early for obvious reasons but I wouldn't say I'm late because at this time last year I hadn't even done the young driver test and was nowhere near signing.

"A couple of people have done deals early, but in general everyone is leaving it late."

Turn Up The Lights, It's Race Day

Editor's Picks

10 Reasons For Three-Car Teams

10 Reasons For Three-Car Teams

What's not to like about three-car teams? Bernie's suggestion has been dismissed by the purists, but it would tighten up the racing...

Winners & Losers: Singapore

Winners & Losers: Singapore

Lewis may have beaten Nico by 33 centimetres on Saturday, but on Sunday he finished 47 laps down the road...

Getting To Know Marchionne

Getting To Know Marchionne

Ferrari fans needn't be worried about Sergio Marchionne - he comes with a pedigree of turning round businesses...

Highlights Of Luca's Tenure

Highlights Of Luca's Tenure

Luca di Montezemolo is Ferrari through and through, from spending time as Enzo Ferrari's assistant to assuming control in 1991...

Tin Foil Hats At The Ready

Tin Foil Hats At The Ready

Twice this season Lewis Hamilton has accused Nico Rosberg of deliberately making a mistake. Was Monza number three?