Fernando Alonso has rubbished suggestions Ferrari could write-off their season if their highly-anticipated Spanish updates fail to boost them up the grid.
Ferrari arrived in Barcelona for this weekend's Spanish GP with an updated F2012.
Some of the upgrades, including the revised exhaust exits and rear bodywork, were run during the Mugello test last week with everyone at Ferrari adamant they are a step forward.
There are also other upgrades that will be introduced in Friday's practice as Ferrari look to turn their fortunes around.
However, should the team fail to do that in Spain, Alonso has ruled out abandoning the season.
"I don't think so," Alonso said. "We need to see.
"If the step is not good enough, and the others improve more than us, we will just have to work harder for Monaco and Canada and bring more new parts.
"The season is long and we will never give up in April."
The double World Champ, who claimed a surprise victory earlier this season at a wet Malaysian Grand Prix, added that what fans will see this weekend is not the definitive F2012 as, like their rivals, Ferrari will continue to update their car as the season progresses.
"We don't know what car we have here," said the Spaniard.
"We have new parts but, here, everybody has new parts. Because it's Ferrari there are a lot of expectation and it seems like only Ferrari are bringing new parts.
"We have a step forward, we believe, on what we had in Bahrain, but we also know that this isn't the last step we need to do.
"It's continuous work that we need to do, starting here in Barcelona.
"In Monaco, we must bring new parts, in Canada we must bring new parts, but we won't bring a new car in every race as seems we brought here in Barcelona."
Ferrari: We have made a step forward