In keeping with what many expected, Sebastian Vettel finally hit the front of the pack at Interlagos on Saturday, topping the timesheets in Practice Three.
The German, who missed out on finishing Friday's running in the P1 slot by 0.167s to Lewis Hamilton, appeared to find his feet and his pace in the final practice before qualifying.
With the drivers starting on the Option tyres, the slower of the two Pirelli compounds available, Vettel found himself in the P1 slot.
But, he briefly lost it when his rivals switched to the softer tyres, before returning to the front when he made the same swap.
The reigning World Champ posted a 1:12.460 during his 21 laps, edging Jenson Button by 0.087s.
Mark Webber was third quickest ahead of Lewis Hamilton, both drivers within two-tenths of Vettel's benchmark time.
Fernando Alonso was fifth for Ferrari with Adrian Sutil putting in an impressive showing to take sixth place as he looks to secure his Force India future.
Nico Rosberg, Michael Schumacher and Paul di Resta were next in line, all three drivers within a second of the P1 slot, while Felipe Massa completed the top ten.
It was a disappointing final practice for Sebastien Buemi as the Toro Rosso driver failed to set a lap time after suffering a hydraulic leak early in the session.
01. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m12.460 21 laps
02. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m12.547 + 0.087 19 laps
03. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m12.597 + 0.137 21 laps
04. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m12.622 + 0.162 15 laps
05. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m12.765 + 0.305 17 laps
06. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m13.113 + 0.653 22 laps
07. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m13.286 + 0.826 21 laps
08. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m13.393 + 0.933 19 laps
09. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m13.419 + 0.959 19 laps
10. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m13.583 + 1.123 18 laps
11. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m13.838 + 1.378 20 laps
12. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1m14.283 + 1.823 19 laps
13. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m14.286 + 1.826 20 laps
14. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m14.311 + 1.851 24 laps
15. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1m14.454 + 1.994 22 laps
16. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m14.547 + 2.087 24 laps
17. Bruno Senna Renault 1m14.551 + 2.091 15 laps
18. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1m15.843 + 3.383 24 laps
19. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault 1m16.026 + 3.566 22 laps
20. Jerome D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1m16.616 + 4.156 26 laps
21. Tonio Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth 1m17.143 + 4.683 23 laps
22. Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 1m17.296 + 4.836 23 laps
23. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1m17.984 + 5.524 23 laps
24. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 3 laps