Mercedes followed up their Silverstone victory with another impressive showing in Free Practice One at the German Grand Prix on Friday morning.
The Brackley-based squad headed to the Nurburgring on a high after Lewis Hamilton claimed pole position at the British GP with Nico Rosberg walking away with the race win on the Sunday.
The Hamilton-Rosberg combination topped the timesheets with the former claiming P1 courtesy of his 1:31.754, which was 0.213s better than that of his German team-mate.
The rest of the grid will certainly have taken notice of Mercedes' display on Friday morning as Hamilton and Rosberg were more than a second faster than the other drivers.
Red Bull's Mark Webber was P3 with a 1:32.789 and he was followed by the Force India of Adrian Sutil, who was a mere 0.033s off the Australian's pace. Kimi Raikkonen, whose Lotus team tested a new front wing on Friday morning, completed the top five.
Felipe Massa had issues with his bargeboard earlier in the session, but the Brazilian still managed to post a 1:33.065, which was good enough for sixth fastest time.
Meanwhile, his Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso had a frustrating session as he was unable to post a time. The session was barely five minutes old when the double World Champion's F138 stopped on the track before being taken back to the garage on a truck.
Although Ferrari reported there was a mechanical problem with the car, Alonso managed to make it back onto the track but it wasn't too long before he experienced another problem as he once again lost power. He nursed the car back to the garage, but didn't re-emerge after that as the Italian team's mechanics worked on his ECU.
Ferrari will no doubt be eager to complete as many laps as possible in the afternoon as Massa only managed 18 laps in the morning compared to the 25 each done by the two Mercedes drivers.
Jenson Button was seventh fastest and he was followed by World Champion Sebastian Vettel, who posted a 1:33.213, Romain Grosjean and Sergio Perez.
1. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m31.754s 25
2. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m31.973s + 0.219s 25
3. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m32.789s + 1.035s 22
4. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m32.822s + 1.068s 16
5. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m32.956s + 1.202s 22
6. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m33.065s + 1.311s 18
7. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m33.139s + 1.385s 24
8. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m33.213s + 1.459s 20
9. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m33.260s + 1.506s 27
10. Sergio Perez McLaren-Mercedes 1m33.456s + 1.702s 18
11. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m33.493s + 1.739s 18
12. Nico Hulkenberg Sauber-Ferrari 1m33.810s + 2.056s 20
13. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m33.901s + 2.147s 23
14. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m33.976s + 2.222s 26
15. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m34.025s + 2.271s 20
16. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Renault 1m34.200s + 2.446s 22
17. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 1m34.437s + 2.683s 24
18. Charles Pic Caterham-Renault 1m35.674s + 3.920s 23
19. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth 1m35.987s + 4.233s 19
20. Giedo van der Garde Caterham-Renault 1m36.078s + 4.324s 23
21. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Cosworth 1m37.459s + 5.705s 21
22. Fernando Alonso Ferrari no time 2
Gallery: Up And Running At Nurburgring