Ocon: Stroll will be ready

Date published: December 13 2016

From one youngster to another, Force India driver Esteban Ocon is confident Williams rookie Lance Stroll will adapt swiftly to Formula 1.

Stroll was announced as Felipe Massa’s replacement earlier in the year and will jump straight from Formula 3 into Formula 1, which raised a few eyebrows.

Ocon, though,  feels the Canadian has the racing credentials to do well in Formula 1 after winning the Formula 3 Championship recently.

“He did good, he did good in F3,” he said.

“He didn’t win in the first year, he won in the second, so he won with a bit more experience, but I think he will drive quite a lot in this winter so he will be ready for sure to start. He won and he’s got the chance.”

In comparison to himself, the Frenchman explained that he also had good experience before stepping into a Manor car halfway through the 2016 season and even went onto state that he was ready for a Formula 1 drive in 2015 already.

“I think I had good experience already because I tested Formula One after F3. Yeah I think I could have made the jump but it’s also good to have more experience, to experience other things and then come more ready,” he said.

COMMENTS