PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Sutil: Decision within next two weeks

Sunday 04-December-2011 07:50

Adrian Sutil is adamant he's not worried about his future as he has "more than one option" available to him for next season.

The German, despite finish ninth in the Drivers' Championship - best driver outside the top four teams - looks set to be dropped by Force India ahead of the 2012 season.

Instead, the team is set to go with Paul di Resta and their 2011 test driver Nico Hulkenberg.

Sutil, though, is not worried that he'll be left without a drive with the 28-year-old being linked to both Williams and Lotus Renault GP.

"Right now we do have more than one option and we are trying to put the best package together for next year," he told the official F1 website.

"Hopefully we will have a decision within the next two weeks."

As for the possibility of him joining Lotus Renault GP, he reckons the signing of Kimi Raikkonen earlier this week won't hamper his chances.

"I always said I'm happy to have the best team mate I can get, as this is the only chance to show how good you are - and Kimi would be a great and very strong team mate..."

However, he admits it is a bit strange that no one has signed him yet given his performance in the second half of the 2011 season.

"To be honest, I delivered great performances at my last 10 races, but obviously the last three are still more current to the onlooker," said the German.

"For sure, these results make things easier for me and my manager to sort out the future.

"But that's life in Formula One and you have to deal with it. But it doesn't look too bad for 2012 - let's see what will happen."

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.