PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

'Vettel denials a boost for Red Bull'

Tuesday 30-October-2012 12:39

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner admits that Sebastian Vettel's rejection of claims he is set to join Ferrari have come as a boost to the team.

The rumour mill has gone into overdrive of late with suggestions that Vettel has a deal in place to join Ferrari in 2014. Both the driver and the team have denied that this is the case, and Vettel was once again forced to address the issue on more than one occasion last weekend in India.

The World Champion was steadfast in his assertion that no such deal had been made and that he was committed to Red Bull.

Horner reveals that Vettel's stance on the issue has been a boost to the team.

"Sebastian and the team have a very strong relationship," said the Briton.

"We both know exactly where we stand now and for the future. Of course all members [of the team], they read the media, they read the internet and so it was important to dispel any speculation that he may be going elsewhere. I did that on the day that the rumours were circulated.

"Sebastian's been with Red Bull since he was 12 or 13 years of age. He's achieved all his grand prix victories in Red Bull-designed cars, he's very happy being part of this team and he's an important part of this team. Hopefully that will continue for many years to come."

The 25-year-old is contracted to the Milton Keynes outfit until the end of the 2014 and at this stage Horner believes he will extend his stay.

"I can't think of any driver that wouldn't want a contract with Red Bull at the moment," he said.

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.