PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Yet more questions over Nurburgring

Tuesday 15-January-2013 12:14

Barely a week after he strongly hinted that the Nurburgring would host the German GP, Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that it is not yet a done deal.

The Formula One ringmaster on Wednesday told Reuters that "it should be the Nurburgring and we are trying to make it happen" adding that he is "talking with them".

However, Ecclestone has now cast fresh doubt over the venue for the 2014 German race, which is due to take place on the weekend of July 7.

"We have got a German Grand Prix but we don't know where it is going to be," he is quoted as saying by ESPNF1. "We have got the race pencilled in. It's on the calendar. We can decide it once the season has started."

When asked if the race will take place at the Nurburgring, Ecclestone replied: "No. The trouble is that the people that used to be there have gone. They haven't got enough money. So we will see."

Ecclestone also dismissed reports he confirmed the Nurburgring, who is alternating with Hockenheim, during an interview last week.

"I said to Reuters that I was talking to them about trying to do something," he said. "I don't know what is going to happen with Nurburgring. That's what we are trying to sort out."

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.