PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Hispania set to sue Chandhok

Wednesday 12-January-2011 09:38

Hispania Racing are set to take legal action against former driver Karun Chandhok "for not fulfilling his contract", according to a report.

Chandhok drove for the Spanish outfit in the first 10 races of the 2010 season, but he was replaced by reserve driver Sakon Yamamoto at the German Grand Prix. At the time, everyone thought it was part of the team's rotation policy and Chandhok would return later in the season. However, he failed to race again.

Team principal Colin Kolles told India's Deccan Chronicle that contrary to media reports, Chandhok was "suspended" after the British GP.

"When he signed an agreement with us for the 2010 season, Karun made a lot of promises on paper," Kolles said. "But, he failed to fulfill his obligations. We waited for some time, but we didn't have any other choice than suspending him at the German GP. We, however, did everything diplomatically. We didn't make it public. Since then, Karun was never in the team's radar."

Hispania confirmed last week that Indian Narain Karthikeyan will take one of their seats next year, but they are yet to decide on their number two driver.

"A lot of drivers are showing interest for a vacant seat. We are going to pick the best out of them. Our target for the season is to establish Hispania as the best newcomers. We are confident of doing it," said Kolles.

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.