PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

D'Ambrosio: No targets for Monza

Friday 07-September-2012 08:55

Jerome D'Ambrosio has said it will be difficult to set himself any objectives at this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.

The Belgian will race for the first time for Lotus in place of Romain Grosjean who received a one-race ban for his controversial driving during last weekend's Belgian Grand Prix.

The 25-year-old, who raced for Virgin in 2011, has only driven the current Lotus car once before and admitted he was looking forward to the opportunity of racing on the classic high-speed Monza track, but insisted he had not set himself any targets for the weekend.

"I don't have much information to set a position target," he said. "I need to work with the engineers on the car, stay focused on that, and once that work is done we can hope for something good.

"I don't feel I have had plenty of time in the car, one time in Mugello on a fairly wet track, so it will be good to get more time.

"But I was really involved with the team so far so I will try to capitalise on that."

He added that he was not deterred by the pressure and it was all part of being a stand-in driver.

"Obviously it has been short notice - Monday really - so it has been a bit of a hectic week for me," he said.

"As third driver is it part of the job to be prepared as best as I can, keep fit and keep up to date as much as I could in case something like this happens."

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.