PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Perez denies saying 'sorry' to Button

Sunday 28-April-2013 08:18

Sergio Perez has denied apologising to Jenson Button for how he raced him in Bahrain, saying the only apology he has made it to the team.

Button hit out at Perez in the wake of the Bahrain GP after two clashed several times, resulting in Perez breaking his front end-plate and later running right off the track.

Button was not impressed and accused his team-mate of "dirty" driving, stating that "something serious" will happen if he doesn't alter his style.

The duo, though, met up earlier this week to clear the air behind closed doors.

That resulted in some reports claiming that Perez had actually apologised to Button during the talks. The Mexican insists that never happened because he had no reason to say sorry.

"I think that the criticism took place right after the end of the race," he told ESPNF1. "We had the chance to talk, which was very good for me, the team and for Jenson.

"It was said in various publications that I apologised to Jenson, but it wasn't like that. I didn't apologise to him because I didn't think it was necessary. We owed an apology to the team and that's what we talked about.

"We apologised to the team because we risked a lot and we were both very aggressive, but no, at no moment did I apologise and my relationship with Jenson is still okay."

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.