Michael Schumacher the pace in a wet opening practice in Korea, which saw minimal running from those who did venture out.
With the rain coming down in Korea on Friday morning, most opted not to be put in any significant running as better conditions are expected for the rest of the weekend.
Schumacher proved to be the quickest in the wet, clocking a 2:02.784 to beat newly-crowned World Champ Sebastian Vettel by 0.068s.
Paul di Resta was third, finishing ahead of Adrian Sutil, Sebastien Buemi, Kamui Kobayashi and Lewis Hamilton.
Report: With the rain coming down at the Yeongam circuit on Friday morning, HRT's Daniel Ricciardo ventured out for his installation lap, followed by the rest of the field. However, almost immediately everyone was back in the pits, waiting out the weather.
Halfway through the session, not a single had completed a timed lap and only four had even done a second!
Lewis Hamilton finally posted a time with 36 minutes on the clock, crossing the line with a 2:05.484. He took two seconds off his time on his next lap as Sebastien Buemi joined the action.
More drivers ventured out with Buemi taking the lead with a 2:03.182, Kamui Kobayashi went fourth ahead of Nico Rosberg and Pastor Maldonado. With the rain still coming down, Kobayashi climbed to second and Michael Schumacher took fourth ahead of Adrian Sutil. The Force India driver upped his pace, taking fourth with Sergio Perez improving to sixth.
With ten minutes remaining, 15 of the 24 drivers had clocked times and, surprisingly given the continuous rain, there had been no major offs. Sebastian Vettel became the 16th to post a time, taking seventh place. The new 2011 World Champ then went quickest with a 2:02.852 before he was beaten by Schumacher by 0.068s.
01. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 2m02.784 10 laps
02. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 2m02.840 + 0.056 8 laps
03. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 2m02.912 + 0.128 12 laps
04. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 2m03.141 + 0.357 12 laps
05. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 2m03.182 + 0.398 9 laps
06. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 2m03.292 + 0.508 13 laps
07. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 2m03.391 + 0.607 6 laps
08. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 2m04.311 + 1.527 12 laps
09. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 2m04.797 + 2.013 8 laps
10. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 2m05.183 + 2.399 5 laps
11. Karun Chandhok Lotus-Renault 2m06.350 + 3.566 11 laps
12. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 2m06.852 + 4.068 11 laps
13. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 2m07.541 + 4.757 9 laps
14. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 2m08.218 + 5.434 5 laps
15. Narian Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 2m08.832 + 6.048 14 laps
16. Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 2m09.232 + 6.448 14 laps
17. Jerome D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 2m12.658 + 9.874 7 laps
18. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 2m14.508 + 11.724 4 laps
19. Felipe Massa Ferrari no time 1 lap
20. Fernando Alonso Ferrari no time 5 laps
21. Bruno Senna Renault no time 1 lap
22. Vitaly Petrov Renault no time 1 lap
23. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault no time 1 lap
24. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes no time 1 lap
Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.