Paul di Resta says Force India need to become more consistent if they hope to work their way towards the front of the Formula One grid.
The Scot was present at the Silverstone circuit on Friday for the launch of the team's 2013 challenger, the VJM06.
In a solo performance given that the team has yet to name his new team-mate, di Resta took the covers off the car before venturing out for a single shakedown lap on the damp track.
"I'm feeling very good, I must say," the 26-year-old told the official F1 website.
"I'm working very closely with my team of people, and that's changed slightly in different departments.
"We're all trying to do the best job possible. Whether it's managing time and making sure you're in the best frame of mind or whether that's on-track performance and the finer details of the car set-up, ultimately it's all about performance and results.
"I know the way this team works and they know how I work. When it all gels well we can obviously see the results we get. We just need to make sure we can achieve that on a more consistent basis."
Entering his third season as a Force India race driver, di Resta says his team needs to have a better start to the season than they've shown in past campaigns.
"That has to happen and there's no reason why we shouldn't," he said.
"I think the pressure is on all the departments to make sure we start better, last year we underperformed, certainly until the European season kicked in.
"We did get some good results before that - in the rain in Malaysia and in Bahrain, where we just got everything together and managed to achieve something remarkable that early in the season.
"We need to launch a car, understand it, and bring a race package to it - whether that's at the Barcelona test or in Melbourne - that needs to make the car quicker than when it rolled out on the first day."
Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.