PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Bernie: Haas entry is unlikely

Monday 27-January-2014 07:48

Bernie Ecclestone has cast doubt over Gene Haas's plans to enter Formula One, saying it is "most unlikely."

Earlier this month Haas, half of the successful Stewart-Haas partnership in America's NASCAR, confirmed that he had applied for a place on the 2015 grid.

"Haas Racing Developments has asked for a license and expressed an interest, but at the moment we have no further comment to make," the team's technical director Gunther Steiner told Autosport.

Ecclestone, though, doubts the team will ever make the grid.

"They have been talking about it for three years. Two or three people there. I would say it is most unlikely," he told Racer.

"It's no good proving someone has got the money. Somebody can have 10 billion in the bank but it doesn't mean they are going to spend it.

"It's nothing to do with having enough resources.

"You can't tell them to make a commitment because it's a commitment to do what? It's always been like that."

Related Links
Haas targets F1 entry

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.