PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Bernie: No standing restarts

Friday 01-August-2014 07:02

Bernie Ecclestone is pushing to have standing restarts scrapped, saying F1 is doing just fine with the rolling starts.

Earlier this year, Formula 1 ratified a new regulation that would see standing restarts introduced in 2015.

These would take place after a Safety Car period but not if has been deployed in the first two laps of a grand prix or the last five.

Ecclestone, however, is not in favour with the F1 supremo promising to see the standing restart scrapped.

"There will be no standing starts after a Safety Car phase," he told Auto Motor und Sport.

"What we have seen in Budapest was good enough."

The 83-year-old also weighed in on the decision to let drivers race without the stewards getting involved in every incident.

"We have told the stewards that they should not punish the little things," he said.

"I want to see drivers who race against each other and who don't have to constantly ask what they can and cannot do."

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.