PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Perez 'should be sorted for next year'

Thursday 21-August-2014 14:06

Sergio Perez says his future will be sorted in the "next couple of weeks" and expects he will remain with Force India.

The Mexican racer joined the team after being dropped by McLaren late last year.

Teaming up with Nico Hulkenberg, the duo have proven a successful pairing for Force India with Perez even claiming a podium finish in Bahrain.

"Nothing confirmed yet," he told ESPN when asked about 2015. "We should be sorted for next year in the next couple of weeks and then let's see.

'On my side, it's a bit early to confirm anything, but I expect things are going to move on very quickly."

The 24-year-old, though, won't be banking on a contract before it is signed and sealed after being dropped by McLaren last season despite believing his future was secure.

"You've seen in the past that anything can happen. I don't want to confirm anything before we sign. Everything was pretty much there and it changed pretty quickly, so nothing is confirmed yet."

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.