Ross Brawn says Mercedes can tackle the second half of the season in the same manner they finished the first, fighting at the front.
Having proven to be the team to beat on a Saturday afternoon with their one-lap pace, Mercedes finally hit the front on a Sunday as well when Nico Rosberg claimed the victory in Monaco.
The German and his team-mate Lewis Hamilton each secured another grand prix win to bring Merc's tally to three wins in five races ahead of the summer break.
And team boss Brawn says there's no reason they cannot continue that form when Formula One returns next weekend with the Belgian GP.
"There's some good things coming on the car in the next few races that I think are going to be a reasonable step. We've got the two low-drag races coming up and our low-drag package looks pretty respectable," Brawn said in an interview with Autosport.
"There'll be a point where, as with all teams, we'll be making a decision whether we carry on pushing with this car.
"There are a couple of different elements: what is exclusive to this car and what are things that you can do which are going to carry over into next year?
"Clearly any understanding of the tyres is going to be a benefit next year. But if we attempt to design a new front wing, that's got a limited life. That would be much less of a priority.
"I think for the rest of the season we'll have to take a balanced approach over what's needed this year and what's needed for this year and next year.
"But I think we'll have a much more respectable second half. We're scored more points already than we did last year, and we're just over halfway through. I think we've got a strong enough organisation to ensure we won't let it slip."
Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.