PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Di Resta again hints at IndyCar move

Friday 22-November-2013 07:57

Paul di Resta remains focused on his seat at Force India, but again admitted on Thursday that a move to IndyCar racing is still an option.

Earlier this week, the Scot admitted that he would consider emulating his cousin - four-time IndyCar Champion Dario Franchitti who retired last week - if he isn't offered a seat at Force India for the 2014 season.

"I wouldn't rule out anything. I've openly said I would discuss it with Dario but it's obviously been quite hard because this season is so long," said Di Resta.

"I'm still in the running for the seat here and I would certainly like to think I am.

"There's a few other options with interest but the primary objective for me is to stay in Formula 1 - more importantly to stay driving because I've got a lot to offer.

"I'm tenth in the drivers' standings. At this point in the year it's my best year and yet I still find myself in difficulties.

"It's hard to accept but I've got to understand where Formula 1 is at the moment in the midfield.

"It's hard to work out who's going where and what's happening. I don't think anyone's making decisions.

"I'd say I'm more in the dark at this point than I ever have been - just because they haven't given too much away. But I suppose that's to be said for the rest of the paddock as well, not just here."

Di Resta added that as far as he is concerned, taking up an opportunity to be a test driver for one of the other F1 teams would constitute a step backwards.

"I want to be racing. I strongly believe I've done enough to deserve a race seat; I hope everybody will agree with me on that," he added.

"I've not thought enough about any opportunities yet. I'll only think about Formula 1 until it's over."

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.