PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Ferrari rule out signing Vettel

Monday 15-October-2012 10:53

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo has denied signing Sebastian Vettel, saying that would only create "instability" within the team.

Fresh reports emerged on Monday in which a 'source inside Ferrari' told the BBC that Vettel is expected to head to the Italian stable in 2014.

'Sources inside Ferrari say they have signed a contract with Vettel, 25, with an option to join in 2014 depending on their results,' reported the Beeb, who added that the German's arrival had been 'sanctioned' by Fernando Alonso.

However, di Montezemolo was quick to deny the claims, insisting that two very strong drivers at Ferrari would cause more harm than good.

"I've always said that I don't want two roosters in the hen-house," the Ferrari president told Italian radio station, RAI.

"I don't like that and it creates instability in the team."

But while Vettel is out, it appears as if Felipe Massa, whose form as improved of late resulting in a top-three finish in Japan, is in.

Asked about the Brazilian's future, di Montezemolo revealed that he would talk with Massa at length on Tuesday "and then we'll make a decision."

Related Links
'Vettel To Join Alonso At Ferrari In 2014'

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.