PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Trulli open to all possibilities

Tuesday 21-February-2012 11:15

Jarno Trulli may not be on the sidelines for too long as the Italian has revealed that he has received several offers since being dumped by Caterham.

The veteran Italian is without a Formula One race seat for 2012 after Tony Fernandes's outfit decided to replace him with Russian Vitaly Petrov.

Trulli, though, has already received several offers, but says he won't rush into his next move.

"I was very surprised by the fact that one or two days later, I had already received some offers," he told Autosport. "I didn't think that it would move so quickly.

"But I don't want to take any decisions now. I want to put all of the offers on the table and see what is the best for me.

"At the moment, I have no plans."

Although the 37-year-old would prefer to stay in Formula One, he knows that the chances of that happening are pretty remote.

Some of his other options include heading to America to take part in NASCAR or IndyCar.

"I'm open to any possibilities as far as top level and professional racing is concerned," he said. "I'm happy to work hard, to go testing, to develop a project but I want something with a structure that at least gives me the potential for performance.

"NASCAR and IndyCar could be a possibility, but obviously I don't have sponsors. I've never had that in my career so I've had to deal with my talent and nothing else."

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.