Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton is Britain's richest sportsman with a fortune of £68m.
In a year when Formula One drivers claimed the 1-2 on the The Sunday Times, Hamilton was firmly established in the number one position.
Adding £8m to his tally in the past year, Hamilton came in with £68m, five million better than former McLaren team-mate Jenson Button.
The Formula 1 duo edged Manchester United and England football player Wayne Rooney, who is worth £60m.
Basketball's Steve Nash was fourth on the list ahead of Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand.
The Sunday Times Rich List 2014
01. Lewis Hamilton (Motor racing): £68m
02. Jenson Button (Motor racing): £63m
03. Wayne Rooney (Football): £60m
04. Steve Nash (Basketball): £56m
05. Rio Ferdinand (Football): £44m
06. Andy Murray (Tennis): £40m
07. Steven Gerrard (Football): £37m
= Frank Lampard (Football): £37m
09. Luol Deng (Basketball): £36m
= Ryan Giggs (Football): £36m
Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.