PlanetF1

www.planetf1.com

Print

Alonso rates injured Kubica

Sunday 15-January-2012 14:03

Fernando Alonso is "sure" Robert Kubica will return to F1 and prove that he is "the best driver around."

Kubica has been out of action since his horrific rally accident last February with his recovery suffering a setback earlier this week when he fell on ice while out walking near his home.

The 27-year-old reportedly aggravated the right-tibia fracture he suffered in the rally crash.

And although there has been no official confirmation of Kubica's injury or how it will impact his recovery, his good mate Alonso believes the Pole will return to F1.

"Robert is the best driver around and he will prove that when he returns to racing, something I am sure he will do," Alonso said.

As for rumours that Kubica could be on his way to Ferrari in 2013, Alonso said: "Him as my team-mate? I am very happy to have Felipe alongside me."

© 2014 - 365 Media Group

Any reproduction, publication or redistribution of this material without the written agreement of 365 Media Group is strictly forbidden.