Formula E Championship temporarily suspended

Date published: March 13 2020

Audi "gain more" in Formula E than they would in "Formula 1" - Lucas di Grassi.

The 2019/20 Formula E season has been suspended temporarily due to the global outbreak of the coronavirus.

Formula E, along with the FIA, announced that they’re using a flag system for different stages of the year to determine which races will and won’t be affected.

“Months marked as red flags are March and April, with May currently categorised as a yellow flag and both June and July given the green flag, should the situation improve and stabilise,” they said in a statement.

“As a consequence of the suspension, it will no longer be possible to race in Paris and Seoul, or Jakarta as previously announced on the originally scheduled dates.”

Once the suspension, which at the moment lasts two months but could well increase, is over, the sport will attempt to reschedule all the races missed as a result. As is stands, they are China, Rome, Jakarta, Paris and Seoul.

“Right now is the time to take responsible actions and this is why we have decided to temporarily suspend the season and move forward with introducing measures to freeze races from taking place over the next two months,” said Alejandro Agag, Founder & Chairman of Formula E.

“Motorsport plays a major part in our lives and it is important, but what is more important is the health and safety of our staff, fans and their families, as well as citizens in the cities we race.

“The ABB FIA Formula E Championship will be back in full force, once the ongoing health crisis and spread of COVID- 19 has subsided.”

Follow us on Twitter @Planet_F1 and like our Facebook page.