Here are the complete results from the Belgian Grand Prix, where Max Verstappen has taken a dominant victory.
Max Verstappen has won the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps, leading a Red Bull 1-2.
The Dutch driver recovered from a 14th place grid slot to win comfortably, taking the lead of the race after a frantic opening 11 laps.
Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz rounded out the podium with third place, while a late penalty for Charles Leclerc resulted in the Ferrari driver finishing sixth and losing further ground to Verstappen in the Drivers’ Championship.
Verstappen made relentless progress early on in the race, exploiting his Soft compound tyres to pick through the field. An early incident for Lewis Hamilton, which resulted in his retirement, brought out the Safety Car as the Mercedes stopped on track, while Alfa Romeo’s Valtteri Bottas also ended up beached in the gravel as he avoided the spinning Williams of Nicholas Latifi.
The Safety Car intervention helped Verstappen close up after some early field spread, and he was simply unstoppable from there. His win puts him 98 points clear of Charles Leclerc, with Sergio Perez moving up to second and 93 points behind his teammate.
2022 Belgian Grand Prix F1 Results (Classification):
- Max Verstappen Red Bull 44 Laps
- Sergio Perez Red Bull +17.841
- Carlos Sainz Ferrari +26.886
- George Russell Mercedes +29.140
- Fernando Alonso Alpine +73.256
- Charles Leclerc Ferrari +74.936
- Esteban Ocon Alpine +75.640
- Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin +78.107
- Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri +92.181
- Alex Albon Williams +101.900
- Lance Stroll Aston Martin +103.078
- Lando Norris McLaren +104.739
- Yuki Tsunoda AlphaTauri +105.217
- Zhou Guanyu Alfa Romeo +106.252
- Daniel Ricciardo McLaren +107.163
- Kevin Magnussen Haas +1 Lap
- Mick Schumacher Haas +1 Lap
- Nicholas Latifi Williams +1 Lap
- Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo +1 Lap
- Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +1 Lap