Here are the complete results from the second practice session at the Circuit de Monaco, where Charles Leclerc led a Ferrari 1-2.
Leclerc completed a Friday clean sweep for Ferrari, setting the fastest time during the second practice session in Monte Carlo.
The Monegasque driver sent his home crowd away happy as he put in a 1:12.656 on the soft tyre compound to pip Carlos Sainz by just 0.044 seconds.
This was enough to keep Ferrari convincingly ahead of Red Bull, with Sergio Perez leading their charge in third place almost four tenths of a second down on Leclerc, while Max Verstappen was a further half tenth behind.
McLaren’s Lando Norris finished the session fifth, despite his ongoing struggles with tonsilitis which have restricted his commitments outside the cockpit, although the British driver did took to the escape area at Ste. Devote with five minutes remaining in the session.
It was not all good news for McLaren as Daniel Ricciardo crashed his car early in the hour – the Australian driver escaped injury as he went off into the barriers at the Swimming Pool complex.
Results: Second Practice (FP2) – 2022 Monaco GP
- Charles Leclerc Ferrari 1:12.656
- Carlos Sainz Ferrari +0.044
- Sergio Perez Red Bull +0.379
- Max Verstappen Red Bull +0.447
- Lando Norris McLaren +0.638
- George Russell Mercedes +0.750
- Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri +0.980
- Fernando Alonso Alpine +1.256
- Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin +1.403
- Yuki Tsunoda AlphaTauri +1.478
- Kevin Magnussen Haas +1.583
- Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +1.611
- Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo +1.812
- Alex Albon Williams +1.830
- Zhou Guanyu Alfa Romeo +1.869
- Lance Stroll Aston Martin +1.967
- Mick Schumacher Haas +2.238
- Esteban Ocon Alpine +2.560
- Nicholas Latifi Williams +3.620
- Daniel Ricciardo McLaren No time