Here are the complete results from the third and final practice session at Monza ahead of the 2023 Italian Grand Prix.
Carlos Sainz finished the final practice session at Monza as the quickest man, with the Ferrari driver sending the tifosi into jubilant raptures as the Spaniard eclipsed Max Verstappen in the final stages of practice.
Verstappen’s early pace on the soft tyre was overcome by Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton as the times dropped in the low 1:21s, with the Dutch driver the first driver of the weekend to dip below 1:21 with another soft tyre run with 10 minutes remaining.
With Verstappen eyeing up a new F1 record as he homes in on his 10th consecutive race victory this weekend, the Red Bull driver had to settled for second best as Sainz improved on his time to go 0.086 seconds clear at the head of the field.
Lewis Hamilton was third for Mercedes, half a second down on the leading duo, with 2019 race winner Charles Leclerc fourth in the second Ferrari.
Fernando Alonso finished fifth in his Aston Martin, a further two-tenths behind, while George Russell was sixth in his Mercedes.
The two Haas drivers picked up where they left off after an impressive Friday, with Kevin Magnussen seventh and Nico Hulkenberg in eighth – the duo just under a second off the leading pace.
The top 10 was rounded out by Williams’ Alex Albon and Red Bull’s Sergio Perez – the Mexican having a quiet session following his crash in FP2 on Friday.
2023 F1 Italian Grand Prix – Third Practice Results (FP3)
- 1. Carlos Sainz Ferrari 1:20.912
- 2. Max Verstappen Red Bull +0.086
- 3. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +0.541
- 4. Charles Leclerc Ferrari +0.574
- 5. Fernando Alonso Aston Martin +0.799
- 6. George Russell Mercedes +0.818
- 7. Kevin Magnussen Haas +0.972
- 8. Nico Hulkenberg Haas +1.073
- 9. Alex Albon Williams +1.142
- 10. Sergio Perez Red Bull +1.280
- 11. Lance Stroll Aston Martin +1.333
- 12. Liam Lawson AlphaTauri +1.384
- 13. Yuki Tsunoda AlphaTauri +1.385
- 14. Oscar Piastri McLaren +1.390
- 15. Logan Sargeant Williams +1.468
- 16. Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo +1.599
- 17. Lando Norris McLaren +1.603
- 18. Esteban Ocon Alpine +1.827
- 19. Zhou Guanyu Alfa Romeo +1.830
- 20. Pierre Gasly Alpine +1.940