Gasly labels Hulkenberg rumours as ‘bull****’

Date published: June 7 2019

Pierre Gasly: Discusses Nico Hulkenberg rumours

Pierre Gasly has called the reports suggesting Nico Hulkenberg will replace him at Red Bull next season as, in no uncertain terms, “bull****”.

The Italian version of Motorsport.com initially ran the report which sent the rumour mill into a spin, with Gasly’s slow start to life as Daniel Ricciardo’s replacement at Red Bull providing the right environment for such a rumour to breed.

Red Bull’s motorsport advisor, Dr Helmut Marko, dismissed the rumour as a “far-fetched” one, while Gasly himself said he did not feel under any added pressure.

Gasly has now directly addressed the Hulkenberg rumour and did not take too kindly to being asked about his future.

“We call each other every week, so after each race, we’re on the phone together. He called me before just to sort everything out,” Gasly said via Crash.Net.

“Honestly, I don’t want to waste any time with this kind of bull****. I have more important things to take care of like my job, my family, my friends.

“For me, bull**** like this is just bad journalism. I don’t want to comment any more about this.”

Gasly also said Marko, who can be quick to pull the trigger on underperforming drivers, has been in his corner to help him transition further into the senior team.

“He’s been really supportive. He knows everything that happens inside the team,” Gasly added.

“I think he has been really good so far.”

Follow all the action from the Canadian Grand Prix with the PlanetF1 live centre