Ocon says ‘page has been turned’ on Max feud

Date published: December 5 2019

Esteban Ocon says 'page has been turned' on Max feud

Back on the grid for the 2020 season, Esteban Ocon will renew his rivalry with Max Verstappen but is adamant there are no lingering hard feelings.

Last season, racing for Racing Point, Ocon attempted to unlap himself off race leader Max Verstappen during the Brazilian Grand Prix

Instead the two made contact, both cars spinning.

The incident handed Lewis Hamilton the victory with Verstappen confronting Ocon after the race.

Declaring that Ocon’s “smile” made him do it, Verstappen shoved the Frenchman in a physical altercation.

Next season the duo, long-time rivals, will renew their battle with Ocon returning to the Formula 1 grid with Renault.

The 23-year-old is confident there won’t be any issues between himself and Verstappen.

Ocon told Le Figaro newspaper: “I’m happy to race all the drivers again.

“It is true that I fought my entire career with Max, but what happened in Brazil last year was a big, big thing on the outside but not so big on the inside.

“Despite what happened, we have respect for each other.

“The page has been turned.

“We will fight again on the track.”

Follow us on Twitter @Planet_F1 and like our Facebook page.