Renault are running out of patience with Red Bull with Cyril Abiteboul warning that their offer for a 2019 engine offer may no longer be on the table come the Austrian GP.
Under F1 regulations, all teams had to inform the FIA of their 2019 engine supplier by May 15.
Red Bull delayed their decision as they wanted to see the updates that Renault and Honda brought to the track at the Canadian Grand Prix.
However, even the race has come and go, Red Bull have still not made a call, saying they won’t until the Austrian GP.
That, though, may be too late for Renault.
“I guess they have all the information that they need now. I don’t see why they are going to further delay the decision,” Abiteboul told Motorsport.com.
“As per the regulations, [the deadline] was May 15, and then we accepted to extend that a little bit on the back of 12 years of good collaboration.
“But past a certain point, the offer we made, and that they requested, will not stand. It was Montreal that they wanted to wait for: our new spec, Honda’s new spec.
“They have all the information, I see no absolutely no reason to delay that any further.”
Asked if Renault were willing to wait until the Austrian GP, Abiteboul replied: “I don’t think so. It’s simply because we need to source the components.
“We’re already behind, and it’s Renault deciding the timing, not Red Bull.
“Usually we speak after a weekend, we don’t do that on Sunday evening, with all the emotions, we let all the testosterone go down a little bit, and we will discuss.
“But we will not be able to wait for the sort of timing that they’ve mentioned this weekend.”
The Renault F1 managing director added they are keen to continue their partnership with Red Bull but need an answer in the “next few days”.
He added: “We’re trying hard, but that must be under conditions that are acceptable to us, starting with the timing.
“I don’t want to start mentioning a date, otherwise you’ll start calling me that day.
“I have a date, they know the day, but we are not talking about Austria. Austria, we won’t be here, and they will be talking directly to Honda.
“They wanted an offer, we’ve made an offer, that offer has to be accepted in the next few days.