Sergio Perez was excused from media duties on Thursday and is in isolation after returning an inconclusive COVID-19 test.
Formula 1 bosses designed separate profiles for personnel based on their role to determine the tests they would undergo on a race weekend.
All Formula 1 personnel are classed as “Profile 1”, meaning they have to undergo regular COVID-19 tests.
So far Formula 1 have seen their strict protocols pay dividends, but there are concerns over Perez.
Under the new system drivers appear in 10 separate team press conferences across Thursday afternoon. Williams go first and Mercedes end proceedings.
Perez will remain in isolation until he is tested again.
— Luke Smith (@LukeSmithF1) July 30, 2020
FIA race director Michael Masi has said recently that he feared “complacency” from Formula 1 due to the success of their protocols so far.
“There’s certainly a level of confidence,” he said, as quoted by GPFans.
“I think one part which is not to be complacent, is probably the big part, and the fact that we have got through three events with only the two cases, but effectively outside of the paddock.
“One thing that we all need to be conscious of is that Covid-19 is very much around us and everywhere globally.
“We can’t just drop the ball, getting to Silverstone and thinking we’re invincible. My biggest fear is people becoming complacent, and we just need to stick with the process we’ve developed.”
Should Perez be deemed unable to take part in the British Grand Prix then Mercedes reserve driver Esteban Gutierrez is likely first in line to replace him.
In theory Racing Point could also call upon Stoffel Vandoorne, but he is away with the Silver Arrows for Formula E’s marathon of six races from 5-13 August in Berlin.