join the PlanetF1 Network
2016 World Champion, Nico Rosberg, has warned against ruling Valtteri Bottas out of the 2020 title battle.
Toto Wolff has insisted Lewis Hamilton’s contract talks with Mercedes should not hinge on his own future – despite the team boss being in “a moment of reflection”.
Lewis Hamilton described the Spanish heat as “a killer” to drive in – as Mercedes fear a repeat of their Silverstone tyre woes.
It continued to be business as usual for Mercedes in Friday practice with Lewis Hamilton heading up yet another Silver Arrows one-two in Spain.
McLaren team principal Andreas Seidl has denied Mercedes has influenced their decision to withdraw from the Racing Point appeal process.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen believes it would be “good” for Formula 1 to ban engine “qualifying modes”, but doesn’t think they alone are behind Mercedes’ pace.
“Party mode” could be the next Mercedes weapon to disappear with FIA considering banning ‘qualifying mode’ engine settings.
Lewis Hamilton has taken a dig at the FIA’s plans to ban “qualifying modes”, claiming they’re always trying to “slow” Mercedes down.
Charles Leclerc says the possible ban on “qualifying modes” can “only be positive” for Ferrari, but he is unsure of any benefits.
Mercedes has said they have concerns over blistering tyres at not just the upcoming Spanish Grand Prix but at the following round at Spa as well.
Mercedes and McLaren have “no bad blood” between them over the ongoing Racing Point copycat saga in Formula 1.
Red Bull boss Christian Horner has questioned Mercedes’ role that has led to Racing Point’s RP20 being in breach of the Sporting Regulations.
Toto Wolff believes Mercedes has a title fight on its hands after Max Verstappen moved up to second with his 70th Anniversary GP win.
Mercedes did nothing wrong by giving Racing Point its CADs with Toto Wolff adamant he has “zero worries” that Mercedes broke the rules.
Mercedes have admitted urgent work is required on their tyre issues to avoid being left “looking silly” in the Spanish Grand Prix.
Ex-Mercedes boss, Ross Brawn, has said Nico Hulkenberg was next on the list to join the Silver Arrows if Lewis Hamilton had not signed.
Toto Wolff has denied Valtteri Bottas’ claim that Mercedes botched his strategy at the 70th Anniversary GP, saying he’s “not sure” what the team could have done better.
Lewis Hamilton has been left in “real shock” that Mercedes struggled so much with tyre management at the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix.
Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has warned rivals they should “fear” them on their losing days as those “are the days we gain the most”.
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner couldn’t believe how “easy” it was for Max Verstappen to see off Mercedes and win the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix.
Valtteri Bottas has said Mercedes were caught “sleeping” by Red Bull as the team’s winning streak ended at the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix.
Guenther Steiner has called into question Mercedes’ part in the Racing Point controversy after the Brackley squad gave its customer data “which is not allowed”.
Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has denied the suggestion that another one-year deal for Valtteri Bottas shows a “lack of trust”.
Lewis Hamilton fears his tyres “might explode” if pushed too hard in the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix following his final-lap Silverstone puncture last week.
Valtteri Bottas celebrated his new Mercedes contract by securing pole position for the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix – and it clearly meant a huge amount.
Toto Wolff says he won’t comment on the financial side of Lewis Hamilton’s contract renewal, but says the Brit understand the “world has changed a lot”.
Toto Wolff has insisted Mercedes are not yet ready to sign F1’s new Concorde Agreement by the August 12 deadline.
More alleged examples of copying within Formula 1 have emerged with Mercedes boss Toto Wolff saying 3D cameras have been used to scan their car.
The FIA have confirmed that there will be “amendments” made to the 2021 sporting regulations to stop car copying becoming the “norm”.
Sebastian Vettel says Mercedes is not an option for him despite the team only confirming one driver for next year’s championship.