Fernando Alonso feels Ferrari's inability to challenge Mercedes for the win in Spain has given credence to his decision to swap to McLaren.
Although the double World Champion failed to finish Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix, during his time out on track it was clear that McLaren-Honda have taken a step forward.
The same, though, may not necessarily be said about Ferrari.
Although Sebastian Vettel brought his SF15-T home in third place, he was more than 40 seconds behind race winner Nico Rosberg and that was despite Ferrari racing a whole host of updates.
"I am very happy with the move," Alonso told Sky Sports News HQ. "I was in the Ferrari last year half a minute, a minute behind Mercedes and on Sunday they were 43 seconds behind in Barcelona.
"Nothing has changed – and that is one of the reasons why l moved. I saw nothing change for five years and l didn't want a sixth or seventh."
As for McLaren's form, rather than be disappointed by his lack of points in Spain, Alonso says he is movitated to score his team's first of this season at the next outing in Monaco.
"I am very fully motivated. If we can be competitive soon it will taste sweet because we have started from zero and I think we will get points in Monaco.
"From now on we will be on the limit for tenth places for the next two or three races. Hopefully after Canada and Austria we will be more secure – seventh l hope. That is the target.
"In the final part of the championship, even if l am optimistic, hopefully we will be close to the podium."