The FIA have confirmed the provisional grid positions for Sunday’s Indian GP after a number of driver’s received penalties…
The FIA have confirmed the provisional grid positions for Sunday’s Indian GP after a number of driver’s received penalties.
Five drivers – Lewis Hamilton, Sergio Perez, Timo Glock, Narain Karthikeyan and Daniel Ricciardo – were handed penalties during the weekend for sporting or technical infringements while Vitaly Petrov carries a five-slot penalty over from the Korean GP.
The penalties suffered by Hamilton, Perez and Petrov were fairly straightforward in their influence on the grid but matters at the back of the field left the stewards searching the rule book to ensure the correct application.
It has been ruled that Timo Glock will remain in last place on the grid after he failed to set a lap within 107 per cent of the quickest time in Q1.
Beside him on the back row will be Narain Karthikeyan who was penalised two places for impeding Michael Schumacher during qualifying.
Despite receiving a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change, Daniel Ricciardo drops just one place to 22nd.
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
3. Fernando Alonso Ferrari
4. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
5. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
6. Felipe Massa Ferrari
7. Nico Rosberg Mercedes
8. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes
9. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari
10. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari
11. Michael Schumacher Mercedes
12. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes
13. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth
14. Bruno Senna Renault
15. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth
16. Vitaly Petrov Renault
17. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari
18. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault
19. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault
20. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari
21. Jerome D’Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth
22. Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth
23. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth
24. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth