Kobayashi to ‘evaluate possibilities’

Date published: October 28 2014

Kamui Kobayashi says he feels “very sorry for the fans” after Caterham confirmed they will skip the next two grands prix.

Following weeks of mudslinging between former owner Tony Fernandes and new Swiss-Middle Eastern backers, the Leafield squad went into administration last week and revealed it will miss this weekend’s US GP and the one in Brazil.

The team are still hoping to return to the grid in Abu Dhabi, but Kobayashi is considering his options.

“Unfortunately, due to team’s situation, I will not able to race in United States GP and Brazilian GP,” he wrote on his personal website.

“I am very sorry for the fans looking forward those races. While I am carefully observing the situation, I will evaluate possibilities and make best choice for my future.”

Meanwhile, rookie Marcus Ericsson is keeping his “spirit high” despite the difficult situation.

“Turbulent times. A lot of things going on at the moment,” the Swede said via Twitter.

“But I’m pushing on as usual and keeping my spirit high. Thanks to all my amazing fans for all your support.”