In what is proving to be a long drawn out saga, Lotus CEO Matthew Carter says the situation with Renault is looking “very positive.”
Formula 1 has been waiting for weeks now to learn whether Renault will purchase the Lotus team and become a full works outfit.
A decision had been expected a while ago but instead talks have continued as both parties cover the due diligence.
However, the good news is, talks are continuing, they are looking good and Lotus are expecting a press release “next week.”
“Things are looking very positive,” Carter told the BBC. “There is going to be a press release from Renault next week.”
He added that Lotus also believe Monday’s hearing, which relates to an unpaid tax bill, will go their way.
“We are confident Monday will go in our favour and things are looking very positive going forward, much more than in the last few weeks.”
Asked a bit more about the negotiations, he said: “There was an interest shown in the team by Renault and as that decision got closer, we had to make financial decisions and Renault asked us not to sign contracts.
“That was back in May/June and it has dragged on.”