Nasr hopes to make announcement in Brazil

Date published: October 28 2016

Although Felipe Nasr has been linked to the vacant Force India seat for 2017, the Brazilian says there have not been any conversation as yet.

With Nico Hulkenberg off to Renault next season, Force India are looking for a new driver to partner Sergio Perez.

Nasr is just one driver linked to the seat along with Esteban Ocon, Jolyon Palmer and Pascal Wehrlein.

However, at this point his side has not entered talks with the midfield team.

He said “So far from our side we didn’t have any links to the team, any conversations, nothing from our side that I can mention.

“I imagine it’s a seat that people are really looking at because lately it has been a team that has performed well.”

He is, however, hoping to have his future resolved in the coming days with another season at Sauber his most likely option.

“Wait until Brazil,” he told the reporters in Mexico.

“I can tell you we are working hard. There are people looking after this. There’s still a lot of going so hopefully soon we can have a definition.”