Red Bull driver line-up set for 2017

Date published: June 12 2016

Christian Horner insists Red Bull’s driver line-up will remain the same next season, and “not just 2017.”

Earlier this season Red Bull’s line-up changed to include Verstappen when Daniil Kvyat was demoted to Toro Rosso.

That put an end to rumours linking the teenager to move away to Ferrari or even Mercedes.

However it is now Ricciardo who is leading the rumour mill.

Having lost two race wins in succession, reports linking him to Ferrari continue to gain momentum.

Horner, though, says his Red  Bull line-up is not going to change any time soon.

Press speculation has suggested Daniel’s contract could come to an end this season, prompting more rumours of a potential Ferrari move…

Asked about specultion that Ricciardo’s contract is up at the end of this season, the Red Bull team boss told the official F1 site: “Wrong, it does not come to an end this season.”

Told there is ‘talk’, he replied: “But do all those who talk know his contract? No.”

Pressed as to whether Red Bull would retain the same line-up in 2017, the team boss insisted: “Yes. But not just 2017!”