Stroll ‘thinking about’ Russia, not Bahrain DNF

Date published: April 27 2017

Still chasing his first F1 points, Lance Stroll says he’s not going to dwell on the circumstances behind his Bahrain DNF, rather he is fully focused on Russia.

Stroll recorded the third retirement of his fledgling career last time out in Bahrain.

The Williams rookie was taken out of the race by Carlos Sainz with the Toro Rosso driver handed a three-place grid penalty for this weekend’s Sochi race as the stewards deemed him to be entirely responsible.

Stroll and Sainz have yet to speak about the incident with the Canadian adamant that is not where his attention lies.

“No [we didn’t chat], it was two weeks’ ago, the stewards took their decision,” he told Crash.net. “I am thinking about Russia.

“For sure my car has been strong so far this year and we will see what happens [this weekend].

“It is not time to get ahead of ourselves we need to stay focused and do the job, the gap between the others is not much it is only a couple of tenths so we need to be on top of our game.

“I think we are all confident and looking forward to the weekend .

“I’m obviously hoping for a good weekend as always but I don’t think it is time to start focusing in a different way.

“We just need to do our thing, the same way of working and approaching weekends as we always do.

“I strongly believe the tables will turn by themselves.”