Sutil to Williams story dismissed

Date published: September 20 2011

Adrian Sutil’s manager has dismissed reports linking the Force India driver with a move to Williams…

Adrian Sutil’s manager has dismissed reports linking the Force India driver with a move to Williams.

Media reports claim that the German, along with former Ferrari and McLaren driver Kimi Raikkonen, visited Williams’ Grove factory in recent weeks to discuss possible move.

Sutil’s contract with Force India expires at the end of the 2011 season but he has made it clear in the past that he would be happy to remain at the Silverstone-based squad.

“I’m happy at Force India and it would be great to re-sign with them. I’m very motivated for the rest of the season and I will do my very best,” he said.

His manager Manfred Zimmermann has echoed his comments and described reports linking him to Williams as ‘nonsense’.

“Our first choice for 2012 is Force India,” Zimmermann told Sportsmail. ‘At this time there is no action talking to other teams.’

Sutil’s chief sponsor Medion is allegedly one of the big draw cards for Williams, but Zimmermann added: “There is no need to bring sponsors or money to a team for Adrian.

“Last year and this year, he is fighting for a top ten result in the World Championship.

“Medion make their decision after we have signed a contract. If there is a nice offer they become a sponsor of the team, if not, they will not. “