Williams retain Bottas and Massa

Date published: September 3 2015 - Editor

Williams will feature an unchanged line-up for 2016 after confirming that both Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa will be staying on.

Bottas' future in Formula 1 has been the centre of much of this year's silly season with speculation linking him to a seat at Ferrari.

However, with Ferrari announcing that Kimi Raikkonen will continue with them for a further year, Williams have now confirmed Bottas for next season.

The Finn has welcomed the news.

He said: "I am really pleased to be staying with the team for a fourth F1 race season.

"We have been getting stronger as a team and I look forward to what next year will bring, as I believe we can achieve even stronger results than what we have seen so far.

"I can't wait for 2016, however I am still fully focused on this season as we still have plenty of challenges to achieve.

"I must thank Frank, Claire, Mike, the Board, and everyone at Williams for their continued trust in me."

The team also revealed that Massa has been retained for a further season, meaning a third year with the same line-up.

"I am very happy to be a part of the Williams family," said the Brazilian. "I am in my second year here and am so pleased to be staying as we are working very well together as a team.

"They respect me a lot and the results are there, and it has been so nice to be part of the big turnaround the team has seen since the end of 2013.

"I can't wait to carry on and continue pushing even more for the team, and for myself.

"Thank you to Frank, Claire, Mike, Pat and the whole Williams team for their ongoing support and belief in me, as we build on what is already a great relationship."